Tavi Gevinson, as the founder and editor-in-chief of Rookie Magazine, allows women to be contradictions. Being a feminist, should mean the opposite of being put in a box. There are no rules on what you should like, how you should behave, or what you should do. Being a feminist, means embracing any of the opportunities of being a person that you choose. It means being dynamic, having flaws, and, most importantly, being free.
Below are just a few key points of her ideas. For the real thing, watch her TedX talk above, “Still Figuring It Out.”
- Strong Characters Are Dynamic, Not Perfect
- Women Are Crazy, Because People Are Crazy, and Women Happen To Be People
- Stop Underestimating Teenage Girls
- Feminism is a Discussion, Not a Rulebook
- We’re All Just a Bundle of Contradictions, Accept It